There is something in the air in December, no doubt about it: The cool weather and snow, puffy coats and warm clothes, end-of the year feeling, and Christmas lights all around!
This time of the year reminds us about love, togetherness and giving.
In order to increase the fun during this magical time of the year, we have gathered 10 family activities to do in December:
1. Go out and look at Christmas lights together - Take your kids to explore the town's’ beautiful lights and decorated houses! Surely you’ll enjoy the creativity out there!
2. Put up your Christmas tree - pick your Christmas tree together and put it up! Decorate your tree with home made installments
3.Sing Christmas songs together - what was your favorite Christmas song as a kid? What is your kids’ favorite Christmas song? Sing along and light up your hearts with fun Christmas songs
4. Wrap gifts - Buy your favorite colorful wraps and ribbons, get tape, scissors and you are ready to wrap your gifts together!
5. Watch a holiday movie together - there are so many of them!
6. Holiday Cards - make cards for your family, friends and teachers. Address and mail them!
7. Eat candies! - Go to the nearest candy store for a holiday treat! Get all those yummy candy canes!
8. Christmas Stockings- Hang stockings on the mantle or banister - together
9. Make winter tea - use your favorite recipe to make sweet tea for the cold winter evenings. Our recommended recipe: In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add tea bags, stevia, honey or your favorite sweetener, and then add vanilla. Season with pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice.
10. Selfies - Take photos off all those fun activities together! Print the best ones and place them in your living room, playroom or other preferred place - to keep those fun memories with you!